Jun 29, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons Give Yourself Highlights


This week I tried out some recipes for my hair that I found in Seventeen magazine. One of them was to make my hair lighter and the other was to make it wavy. So below I'll give you the recipe and tell you how it worked on my hair. 

The first recipe's goal was to make my hair wavy like I had just spent a day at the beach, it worked it just made my hair a bit dry and frizzy though. 

Instructions
1. Put 1 cup of water in a spray bottle.
2. Add 1 tsp of sea salt in to the water.
3. Shake well and spray through your dry hair.
4. Scrunch your hair to create the wave.

The second recipe was to make my hair lighter and give it highlights. I don't think it worked that well but I think it made a bit of a difference.

Instructions
1. Squeeze the juices of a lemon, lime, and orange in to a spray bottle.
2. Add a dollop of conditioner.
3. Shake well and spray on wet hair.
4. Sit in the sun for 30 minutes with it on your hair.
5. Rinse off. 

I think these are definitely worth trying even if they don't work out perfectly.

No comments: